Erasmus Mundus is a comprehensive cooperation and mobility programme of the European Union. Its goal is to promote the attractiveness of European higher education throughout the world, and to establish Europe as a setting 'par excellence' for higher education.
Erasmus Mundus makes an essential contribution towards realising the Lisbon strategy's goal of making Europe the world's most dynamic knowledge base by 2010, and furthermore works towards bringing the European educational area together as designated by the Bologna accords.
Erasmus Mundus stands for ...
- 103 international masters programmes
Intercultural competence, foreign language skills, and the ability to think in networks and across disciplines are indispensable in today's everyday and professional life. The Erasmus Mundus masters courses were created for both European and non-European students, to promote these skills in addition to academic excellence.
- Erasmus Mundus is characterised by cooperation between at least three universities in atl east three EU countries that offer common masters courses.
- Interdisciplinary, innovative study programmes that respond to job market challenges
- Students attend courses in at least two countries
- Students not only learn the language and customs of their host countries but get to know their international peers as well
- Graduatates receive diplomas from each of the universities involved, aimed at creating excellent chances on the international job market
- More than 3,000 students from over 90 countries
- Students from any country in the world can apply directly to the EM mastersprogramme of their choice. The successful completion of a bachelors programme is a prerequisite.
- The masters programmes' international offices offer support to students looking for accommodation, applying for visas, acquiring new language skills, and assist in the social integration to their host countries.
- All students and graduates have the opportunity to join the Erasmus Mundus Association, and thereby to become a member of a unique global and interdisciplinary student and alumni network.
- More than 200 participating universities
- Students who are not citizens of the 27 EU member countries, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Croatia or the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, may apply for a an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, which covers all costs incurred through their stay abroad.
- For stays in a third country in the context of an Erasmus Mundus masters programme, Erasmus Mundus offers three-month scholarships to citizens of the 27 EU membercountries, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Croatia, or the formerYugoslav Republic of Macedonia.